Storing Summer Items
Fall is right around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about packing away your summer gear for the season. Whether you are storing your summer belongings in a storage unit or in your garage, we have the right unit for you! Here are the How To Store Summer Gear tips to follow.
- Make sure everything is completely dry before putting into your storage unit.
- Give your belongings air to breathe and do not squish items together.
- Use Damp Rid in units to make sure nothing gets moldy/musty. Make sure you are not accidentally placing anything in a storage unit wet.
- Store your clothing in clear plastic containers so articles of clothing are easy to locate.
- Do not use cardboard because it wears down quicker and is more easily damaged.
- It is important to be sure that all articles of clothing are dry and clean before storing.
- Use wardrobe boxes to hang clothing to store for winter.
- Use dust covers or furniture covers to protect the furniture.
- If storing a grill, make sure the tank is disconnected.
- If storing table clothes, place-mats, accessories—store in dry, plastic containers.
Bikes, kayaks, canoes, etc.:
- Always make sure your outdoor items are covered, even if it is stored inside to prevent damaging of any foam or rubber materials.
- Be sure they your outdoor items are completely wiped down and dry before storing.
- Store on the ground to prevent damage from the item falling. Place a dust cover on the ground first to protect your belongings.
Now that you have the tips to properly store your summer gear, stop by to pick up the products you need or choose the right unit for you! For additional general storing tips, visit our how to store page!